Tuesday, June 20, 2006 @1:55 PM
EVO Retreat
Day 1:
EVO retreat all the way!Today, I woke up early to go sammy's house to pass her back all her stuff.Phew~! Thank goodness my dad fetch me to her house, went to fetch Zejun and lastly bring us to tampines mall mcdonalds.=D We reached there super early.Around 9.30 I think.We waited for th rest for like 30 to 60 minuntes.I the end I couldn't it and so I went to buy my food first.My "twin" and ming guang came and we sat down and talked.Jean and Deb met us at macs too.We sat down and eat together and waited for the rest to come.I was happy to see Deb come, but got a little upset when she said she not staying.=(
After we all gathered, Deb went home to rest and the rest of us took bus 29 to Aloha Changi.We played and talked on the way there in the bus.Lol.I didn't know that Aloha Changi is that ULU!Eeeeks.I didn't really like it at first, but slowly got used to it.We can only check in at 3pm, so we played outdoor games while waiting.We played, whacko, 3 legged captain's ball, step the balloon and lastly the normal captain's ball.
Woohoo!We finally could check in.We settled down and gathered in the guys room and started off with Bingxuan's teaching on the topic "prayers", went on to Jean's teaching (where by we act out scenes and give a solution of each scene we acted on), Fel's teaching on "how do we last in ministry" (and a skit was performed too).After that we had a break for 5 minutes and Zejun, Lynette and I got to participate in the game were by there is some teachings too.After the break and washed up, we all had dinner together, then went for Sam's teaching on "the truth that transforms" , "what it takes to be a great leader" and QT on John 21:1-14.We sang some song after his teachings.Praise and Worship was fantastic! =D Deb was on the phone hearing us sing.Before that she popped by to give us a surprise.=)
Jean, Karryn (Kar), Ming Guang (Mg) and I went to the shop nearby to buy stuff after everything has ended.It was a gross experienced.We saw trans-sexual people.OMG.Scary.I ate my bun until I want to vomit out what I ate.LOLS.You can see a lot of them walking here and there in Changi.Goodness.Anyway, we went back to watch soccer and played games till morning.
Day 2:
We didn't really sleep much at all.Kept playing games till morning and I was so lucky that I didn't even get and forfeit.HEHE!Jean, Kar and I slept at the sofa.I was the last to wake up.I felt rather unwell when I woke up.I got a bad dry throat and was freezing away.I went upstairs to room 2 to sleep, but it was too cold.I almost wanted to cry out of frustration.In the end, I went to room 1 as Fel and Sam was there.I told them that I was unwell and feeling very cold (almost crying out).Both Fel and Sam covered me with 4 layers of blanket.Its like crazy, but I felt so much better after a nap and the warm of the blankets.I woke up around 10 for the last gathering of praise and worship and we were dismissed after that.
A short camp of 2 days but I've indeed learnt a lot and have lots of fun.=)
My group's song:
Where can I go from your spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to heavens, you are there
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there (Psalm 139: 7-8)
Chorus:
I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart
Before the "gods" I will sing your praises
I will bow down toward you holy temple
And praise you name (Psalm 138:1-2)
Fel's group's song:
I will seek you
Seek your kingdom
And I cast all my troubles on you
We'll hold on
To our promise
Never let you go!
And here I'll stand before you
Praising my Lord and friends
Cause everything is possible with you (x2)
Cause everything is possible with YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU!!
♥ there's not a place
in heaven that we cant reach