Friday, August 17, 2007 @5:38 PM
Warfare Cry
As the devil seeks to reign destruction,
Teach me Lord, to be still.
Let me use not my own strength or resources,
For this battles belongs to you.
Long before these thing could ever happen,
You were there, dear Lord.
Teach me Lord that you are forever sovereign
That you are always on the move.
Pre-Chorus:
Draw me closer to you
Draw me closer to you
That I may stand in the gap
Between the living and the dead
Chorus:
For our struggles not against the flesh and blood,
But against the powers of the dark
Teach me to stand firm in truth,
Your righteousness set in place.
With the shield of faith and the sword of the spirit
I'll get down on my knees
Knowing that the victory is won
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray
Haha, this song is one of the song, that spoke to me when I was at one of my most devastated moment of my life. I was strengthen and comforted when I start to sing it out. Indeed, the battle we are fighting each day aren't the battle of flesh and blood but against the power of the dark. We are fighting spiritual realms everyday and we need God to help us to fight this battle. Last Saturday during prayer meet, Nel was sharing about the teaching on spiritual warfare and this verse from Ephesians 6:12 - For our struggles is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of the evil in the heavenly realms. The next thing that came to my mind was this song.LOLS! At that moment, I thought to myself, "Wow, what a great composition of song".
Enjoy listening to this song. Hope it'll touch your heart and strengthen you to strive on the race with God. God Bless! :)
♥ there's not a place
in heaven that we cant reach